Friday, July 11, 2008

The Print Services Crew

Sometimes, I hear the wailing cries,
Of an Iggy or a Brenda,
And the strange, pounding noise coming from the back,
Somehow, a print job it will render.

Sometimes, I don’t know what they’re doing,
When they hustle and they bustle,
But when I can’t lift a box of paper,
I know Vincent’s got the muscle.

And Debbie in her office,
And Rachelle and Enele, too,
Are working to make sure we get paid,
For all the work we do.

Angus helps us roll in the dough,
When he rolls out banners for a PCC show.

And Craig, he’s really good at engraving,
Which gets all the campus departments paying.

Puni, Bo, and Anna, they do all kinds,
Of printing, cutting, scoring, folding,
And Ane fixes copiers,
When frustrated departments come a-scolding.

Together, we are Print Services,
Summer, two-thousand eight,
“But what does Kathleen do?” you ask,
I know, I made you wait.

I was hired to make the website,
And the website has been made,
So my time spent here with you,
Has been productive and well stayed.

I don’t quite know when my time is up,
But I know that, in the end,
My greatest reward in working here is:
In each of you, I’ve gained a friend.




4 comments:

Stephanie said...

this seemingly simple, fun poem is truly brilliant! i was interested from start to finish! you have a talent my dear.

Kathleen said...

Why, thank you Stephanie! With any luck I'll be posting more poetry. I have much random writing that needs to be recorded on more than just scraps of paper that I find lying around when the poetic inspiration comes.

Sarah said...

and you've also obviously had way to much free time!!

(awesome poem, i liked it)

Anonymous said...

Good post.