Friday, June 04, 2010

In Memoriam: Rue McClanahan


I realize it's been over a year since my last blog entry on this, my own personal blog, but I thought it fitting to blog my dismay over the passing of yet another of the world's funniest women. Rue McClanahan, who played saucy vixen Blanche Devereaux on the hit TV series The Golden Girls, died from a brain hemorrhage, a.k.a. stroke, on June 3 at the age of 76.

After Estelle Getty's passing in 2008 and Bea Arthur's passing last year, Rue's passing makes recently-repopular octogenarian, Betty White, the last standing Golden Girl. While Rue was in the hospital after bypass surgery and suffering a minor stroke a few weeks ago, White sent her a card that read, "Dear Rue, I hope you hurry up and die so I can be the last Golden Girl left. NOT KIDDING!" and Rue thought it was hilarious. In considering the reality of this second, fatal stroke's tragedy, White remarked, "Rue was a close and dear friend. I treasured our relationship. It hurts more than I ever thought it would, if that's even possible."


Hope your happy now, Betty! (j/k, love you!)

Rue, you will be missed! Thank you for being a friend and stay golden!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Bella Swenson

Anonymous said...

Willkommen im Sex-Community.


Dieser Sex-Community bietet ihnen eine Möglichkeit kostenlose aktsexy und jedemenge andere Sachen,unter anderem Live Dates
Hier in unsrem Sex-Community erwarten dich kostenlose aktsexy Live Dates
Suchst du Live Dates , sicher bist du hier genau richtig.Also,stellt sich die Frage,worauf wartest du?
Aufregend chatten mädels nackt ,sofort anmelden .
Du suchst jemand in Genf, vieleicht von Osnabrück, vieleicht in FrankfurtamMain , vieleicht von Martigny, in AffolternamAlbis? Bestimmt ist da jemand dabei.!